There are three key things to know about Sync III
- This is a lens design based on an International Focus Group Study of human behavior. Everything we learned about how people live with their devices is embedded in this design.
- The power distribution and lens design have been enhanced based on what we learned about this new generation of digital users’ behavior. Closer working distances and position of wear have been taken into consideration for all three boost zones.
- Sync III is specifically designed for the single vision wearer who spends more than two hours a day on digital devices. The big deal here is now Independent ECPs have a unique option for their teen and millennial patients in the over-commoditized single vision lens space.
Key Findings from the International Focus Group Study
- 85% of participants were on digital devices 8 to 10 hours per day with some on as many as 15 hours!
- Participants switched between screens an average of 333 times per hour with 85% of those switches being between near devices.
- Currently we advise people to adhere to the 20/20/20 rule. However, we learned taking a “break” does not mean taking a break from screens. For two-thirds of participants breaks from screens did not last longer than one minute.
- Participants recognized they had symptoms associated with digital eye strain BUT…
- They did not connect those symptoms with their behavior of digital device use, and most just accepted them as “a fact of life.”
SYNC III lenses have the distance power for everyday use and a ‘boost zone’ at the bottom of the lens which reduces eye strain during prolonged near activities such as looking at digital screens. This allows your patients’ eye muscles to relax and focus more easily, helping to relieve eye strain and provide visual comfort.
A Lunch and Learn with your local HOYA Territory Sales Manager can be arranged below