Social media management can seem like a daunting task for eye care professionals, but with the quick tips in this checklist, you'll be well on your way toward getting found more easily online.
Click here to download the checklist, or view it below.
- Maintain a presence on the top social media channels including Facebook and Twitter, along with networks like Instagram and Pinterest. This allows you to showcase the styles of eyewear your practice carries as well as inspire users and followers to look to you for style and vision care tips.
- Post the sales or promotions your practice may be having so that your audiences are able to keep up with your in-store offers in real-time.
- Follow other eye care authorities on other channels to receive and share industry news with your audience. This helps position you as an industry professional in the know.
- Be mindful that these channels allow your followers, patients and potential customers the ability to communicate with you and share their opinions of your practice. And the types of experiences they had in your practice. Pay attention to what customers are writing. Note what they’re writing on your Facebook wall, and even how they may have reviewed your business on Facebook or on Yelp. It is recommended to respond to both positive and negative reviews. (This shows your audience that you care about what they have to say. If you get a negative review, this is your chance to communicate with the reviewer about how you may be able to make the situation more positive.)
- When attending conferences or trade shows, share your experience with your social media audiences. Use the hashtags the conference has established in order to extend your practice’s social reach. All of this, again, demonstrates your expertise and the fact that you are a professional in eye care.